UX Design Lead
May 2008 – July 2009
My time at McGraw-Hill was a great opportunity to bring my passion for UX back to my love of educational multimedia. Rather than developing educational software, my time was spent designing a content repository and assignment system for teachers to use in developing classroom exercises. I gained a greater insight into enterprise level architecture along the way as well.
Lead team of interaction and visual designers in designing a new educational web portal for delivering online, educational content as an evolution in McGraw-Hill’s educational publishing model.
• Lead team of interaction and visual designers
• Selected to present project overview and materials to McGraw-Hill senior corporate executive team, including CEO
• Build and maintain relationships with various educational groups to gather requirements, business goals, and user needs
• Work with development team to identify limitations and opportunities within the technical environment
• Conceptualize navigational concepts and user experience models
• Develop prototypes for use in user testing
• Coordinate and conduct usability testing
• Create and present materials to sales force for training
• Create and deliver project requirements documentation