UX Design Lead
February 2007 – May 2008
Eventually, everyone really needs to work in a large corporate environment. There’s a big education to be had in doing this. I wouldn’t advocate that an individual only ever work in large corporate environments though. Group-think happens way too easily, and the pace of work can become slower than it otherwise should be if there isn’t proper perspective on how the world outside of the corporation works.
My time as a consultant to Nationwide through ICC was really enjoyable. The UX team there continues to be a really great example of successful team building and UX evangelism within a corporate environment. No screen shots here because this was an experience where I found that successes in design and research don’t always lead to results in production.
Lead user experience design for web sites enabling client self-management of financial and retirement accounts.
• Build and maintain relationships with site managers, business leads, and executives
• Evangelize highly interactive multimedia as part of the interaction design model for sites
• Participate in high-level experience planning for overall corporate experience vision
• Create test plans for user evaluation of designs
• Conceptualize and create interaction models and designs
• Build high-fidelity, working prototypes in Flash for use in user testing
• Document designs as specifications for use by development teams