UI Engineering Manager
January 2015 – September 2016
Some industries move slowly. Insurance. Banking. Anything with a lot of government oversight. Very. Very. Slow. My personal speed fits very well with retail. In this role at DSW I found a love for working in retail. I built a great team of talented developers. We built a fantastic, leading-edge web site. And I accelerated the pace of deliveries to realize greater incremental value to the business. The direction I led my team resulted in a UI platform that DSW has been able to continue rapidly evolving, exceeding business targets for growth over sales of the previous site.
Manage a team of front-end developers developing and deploying best-of-class user experiences in an agile, Oracle ATG eCommerce, retail environment.
• Create project and labor projections for overall eCommerce development team to inform capacity management
• Expand and improve the agile practice within the UI development team and the agile engagement with business partners
• Hire and manage full team of developers for UI, scaling as required (up to 16 developers)
• Drive adoption of modern practices and architecture across eCommerce environment, enabling project development for complete rewrite of site and opening possibilities for impact across the business
• Manage the implementation of metrics tracking and multivariate testing (Tealium, Omniture, Test & Target) across the eCommerce platform
• Drive the adoption of modern UI frameworks and architecture (Angular JS, MVC to Oracle ATG web services, Angular Material) for a mobile-first, responsive site redesign
• Managing relationships with business partners and setting appropriate expectations for deliverables and priorities
• Own and drive use of workflow tooling for enterprise projects (Jira, iRise, TaskTop integration between the two)