MVT Testing Technical Lead / Senior UX Designer
February 2010 – December 2014
Chase is a very, very large company. It’s one of those places you could spend an entire career and still hold several positions in multiple lines of business. In my time there I worked on the chase.com website leading multi-variant testing and then changed roles to be a senior designer for the HR applications. In these roles I learned a lot about how to concretely measure the value of design in terms of business outcomes. I had always known that realizing value was important, but it wasn’t always clear how to determine success. A lot of the UX discipline misses this point by a wide margin, and I’ve been an advocate ever since. Know what to measure, know how to measure it, and know how to determine why things worked out the way they did. Learn from it, take the emotion out of the debate, and make properly informed decisions. You’ll rarely go wrong.
Lead technical implementation of all multivariate tests for Chase bank web sites utilizing best-in-class experiment and analytics software (Accenture Digital Optimization).
• Architect technical approach to experiments
• Test data collection and proper functioning of experiment
• Act as technical liaison between testing team, technical teams, and line of business clients
• Act as technical liaison between team and third-party MVT software solution vendor
• Train new users on use of system, including performance of analytics
Lead user experience design efforts for internally facing sites and applications supporting employee transactions and information.
• Lead concepting and implementation of new style guide and UI component library to use across entire suite of applications, working in a cross-functional capacity with development team to ensure proper utilization
• Lead efforts for defining user experience strategy and content strategy as part of a broader initiative to revamp internally facing sites and applications
• Mentor other team members in best practices and internal customer relationship management
• Integrate site metrics and measurement into the user experience design process for internal sites
• Own the iRise requirements and prototyping tool and vendor relationship for enterprise-wide use by 500+ users, promoting future growth and adoption for greater consistency and efficiency across projects